Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

Let.It.Go.



May I just say that if anyone is on the fence about whether or not to spend the time and money to go to WPPI, it will be well worth what you put into it. That being said, I knew I would come home with so much information that my head wouldn't be able to hold it all, and that's what happened. :) I have merely just begun to learn and realize that I have much to learn and many dues to pay! But I am more ready than ever before to dig in, and to begin making this journey a memorable one.

Jasmine Star, a woman I admire for not only her photography, business skills, and work ethic, but who she is as a person and what she is doing with her life, spoke about writing her own story. She challenged those of us listening to her to take control and begin writing the story of our own lives. Like Jasmine, I do not want to look back on my life and realize I never took the time to live it and truly appreciate the blessings God has given me. I never want to get so caught up in life that I never live my life. I know I am the type of person who can easily get caught up in the small things. The little details can stress me, and I am now reminding myself at least once a day to take one small minute and ask, "Is this something I need to stress over? Will this matter to me one year from now?" If the answer is no, guess what? Let. it. go.

No comments:

Post a Comment